When you are using your computer, there are many options for what web browser you would like to use. However, if you have a desktop shortcut to a link, or click on a link in an e-mail, it will automatically open in your default browser. For programs such as Colleague(Datatel), you must use Internet Explorer.
- Go to the start menu in the lower left hand side of the screen.
- Select All Programs
- Select Default Programs from the list of programs that displays.
- Click “Set Your Default Programs” at the top of the window.
- This will populate a list of all of the programs on your computer. It may take a few minutes to complete.
- On the left hand side under “Programs” select the web browser you would like to be your default browser.
- Then click “Set this program as deafult” at the bottom of the window.
- Click OK on the lower right hand side of the window.
- Your default web browser has been set and you can exit the Default Programs window.
If you have any questions or difficulty, please contact the Helpdesk at 540-375-2225 or email@example.com.