Removing/Uninstalling Sophos Anti-virus
Devices with Microsoft Windows 10
- Click on the Start button
- Click on the Settings button
- From the Windows Settings window, click on Apps
- Under the Apps & Features sections, scroll down the list and find Sophos Anti-Virus
- Click on Sophos Anti-Virus
- Click on the Uninstall button
- Click through the prompts to complete the removal of Sophos Anti-Virus
- Repeat the Uninstall process for each Sophos App in the Apps & Features list
- Reboot your computer when finished
Devices with iOS
Choose an uninstall method:
- Use the Remove Sophos Endpoint tool [Preferred]\
- Click the keys Command + Spacebar to open Spotlight
- Type Remove Sophos
Note: If the tool exists and not been moved to Trash, Spotlight will find it
- Click Enter to run the tool
Note: Sophos Anti-Virus will not uninstall by dragging it from the Applications folder to the Trash.
If the regular uninstaller does not work or if you deleted the built-in removal program, the next method provides a standalone tool to remove the installed Sophos Anti-Virus.
- Use the Standalone Sophos Anti-Virus Removal tool
- Download the Removal Tool for Sophos Anti-Virus
- Unzip the downloaded tool if your browser has not automatically unzipped it.
- Double-click the Remove Sophos Anti-Virus application and follow any on-screen instructions.