Adding Alternate Email Address to Receive Password Notices:
- Under the tab, “Contact Details” you will be able to add an alternate email address for account retrieval in the instance you forgot your password
- Your Roanoke email address is listed by default, you can ‘Add‘ an alternate email address and click ‘Save’
- NOTE – When password is within 30 days of expiring you will receive email notifications at all alternate email addresses listed.
- NOTE – When use the “Forgot Your Password” option, a temporary password will be sent to alternate email addresses listed.
“Your Answers” Security Questions
The answers from these security questions can be used to authenticate your identity when resetting your password or unlocking your account
- Answer Questions
- Click save
Forgot your password?
- Go to roanoke.edu/it
- Click on “Forgot Your Password?” button where you will be prompted for your username
- A one time password is sent to alternate email addresses on record
- Enter the one time password
You will be prompted to enter a new password which allows you to access your Roanoke account. Remember that your password cannot be one that you have used recently; needs one uppercase letter; one lowercase letter; one special character or number; cannot be your first or last name; and cannot contain the word “Roanoke”. If the password does not fit the criteria, the new password will not be accepted.
If you are having any issues resetting your password please call the Helpdesk (540-375-2225) Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM.